Saturday, August 30, 2008

I Think I'll Go For A Ride

Downtown Colfax

I told myself that coming down here alone would give me more time to ride.
So I've been riding quite a bit since I've been here in California.
It has been a good pastime for me.
It has given me time to think.


Today's ride took us a 100 miles, from Folsom up to Colfax and back.
It was a beautiful and clear summer day.
It was a scorcher, too!
I'm still not used to this California heat.


I've ridden a few times now with the Sacramento Wheelmen and with our group that rides from Placerville on Wednesday nights.
I'm riding with a former track rider from the 80's.
I've met some great people.


Riding is my chance to let go of all my troubles.
It gives me time to think.
It makes me feel thankful for all I have.
My wife, my family, my health and good fortune.

Ken leading the way home.

On top of Baxter grade.

It's all about getting out there and enjoying the open road.

Some of our group today.

No comments: