Saturday, September 27, 2008

Notes From Home....

Well, it's been pretty quiet on the home front since Erik headed south last month. And, while Erik is roaming the foothills of the Sierras, Riley, Chloe, Daisy and I have been keeping busy exploring the beautiful mountains of Western Montana.

I decided to take the pooches up the Gold Creek drainage a few weeks ago and we actually got more than we bargained for! I have affectionately named the trail we took "Bear Alley" and figured we will leave that trail off the list and stay out of their way for awhile while our hairy neighbors pack on the pounds for the long hibernation. I'm including a picture of one of the many piles of bear scat that we came across and, I can tell you, whoever left this behind outweighed all 4 of us by a couple of hundreds of pounds at least! Needless to say we got out of there as quickly as possible although Chloe was convinced she could take them.

Fall has hit Missoula and, while poor Erik is melting in 90 degree temps, we're all soaking up that liquid gold Fall sunshine. Nights are cool enough for my big comforter (I haven't pulled out the down yet) and the days have that nice little chill. The leaves are beginning to turn as well and the colors are so beautiful! I thought I'd leave you with a few shots of my garden showing off its take on "Fall Colors". Erik, take a look at the pepper and tomatillos! Wish you were here to whip up some of your famous salsa and guacamole. We miss you!

1 comment:

Susan and Erik said...

I miss you too, baby! Wow, those tomatillos and peppers look great. I can't wait to taste 'em when I come up there. Save some for me.

And don't go chasing too many bears without me. I don't want to miss out on the fun!

~E~