Thursday, January 19, 2012

One Last Look at Dillon


I have just recently been thinking about Montana.  Okay, I am ALWAYS thinking about Montana.  After all, Montana is our home, and has been for the last 12+ years.  And even though we travel all across the country, there is no place quite like home.

I finish my travel assignment in Ventura, CA in two weeks.  So during the past weeks I've had to decide if I should stay (in California) or go (back up to Montana or Idaho).  And let me tell you that the choice was a tough one.  Even though it's still winter in Montana, it seems I just can't get enough of the clear, blue streams and the vast wilderness that I claim as my back yard.

It made me take another long look at Montana, and in doing so, I came across a few photos from our time in Dillon, MT.   We were in Dillon for six months last year and had a great time, but we were so busy that I didn't have much time to blog.  So I thought  that Dillon, Montana deserved at least one last blog...

Bob and Pam Meyerson hosted us at the Dillon KOA for the season and were wonderful hosts.  The KOA was paradise for the pups and about a million birds.  We saw waxwings and tanagers, osprey and nighthawks, humming birds and gold finches.  You just name it.  And with the Beaverhead river running through it, was a great way to melt away the stress of the day fly fishing after getting home from work.

Dillon, Montana is a rural town in the southwestern part of the state.  It sits at a mile high and can get snow any month of the year.  Spring was a long time coming, but gave way to a beautiful summer and fall.  We stayed until the snow began to fall at the upper elevations of the Pioneer mountains, then bid farewell to the ranch town and flew south with the geese.  Our time there went by so fast that it felt almost like a dream.

Maybe that's why I still think so much about it!

And here are some photos to show you what you missed when we were in Montana.  Around Dillon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We stayed until the snow began to fall at the upper elevations of the Pioneer mountains, then bid farewell to the ranch town and flew south with the geese. Our time there went by so fast that it felt almost like a dream.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Olathe