Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chick-fil-A....It's all about The Experience!


Chick-fil-A is more than just a fast food chicken place, as I found out on my last day in Charlotte, NC.  It's an experience.  You drive up to the larger than life restaurant with it's oversize logo, park your car and walk in.  You are then in sensory overload as balloons, fancy lighting, noise and smells bombard your senses.

I've never tried Chick-fil-A.  "What,"  my coworkers asked,  "you've never had Chick-fil-A?"  They all gasped with appall as I said that I hadn't.  "Well, we'll have to take you there."  And so they did.  On my last day at Carolinas Rehab a big group of us loaded into our cars and headed in to town to get some Chicken.


Marty bought me lunch (thanks Marty) and I sat down to quite a treat.  The spicy chicken sandwich and waffle fries were TO DIE FOR.   I was in heaven.  Yeah, yeah, it doesn't take much to make me happy, especially when it comes to food, but this lunch was particularly good.  I am sure that it had a lot to do with the novelty of the experience...and that it was shared with good friends that I really enjoyed working with these past two months.  Thanks guys and gals for being so kind and welcoming of this traveler!

Woohoo!
The Chick-fil-A experience got me thinking that it was another one of the countless experiences that I've had on the road these past two years.   My travels have taken me from the gold country of northern California to Montana, Alaska and the east coast.  I have lived in places that I never would even had seen and I have met some incredible people along the way.  There have been highs, like catching salmon on the fly rod and lows, like breaking down in the desert, but one thing has remained a constant, that it has been an adventure.   I guess that is the draw, the lure that keeps me going...what's next?

So fast forward two weeks and we are in Clovis, New Mexico.   We are currently renting a single wide mobile (another new experience) while the RV maintenance gets completed in Panama City, Florida.  It's cold and boy is it windy, but the light in the sky is incredible and the folks are nice (as usual), though they talk kinda funny    =)

Sunset at the Hospital  Clovis, NM
Still to come...how we left the motorhome behind!

2 comments:

Chris and Lori said...

Erik I love Chick-fil-A and eat it at least once everytime I go home to visit my family. Susan really doesn't know what she's missing! Can't wait to hear about leaving the RV in FL.

Susan and Erik said...

Lori it's good to hear you can appreciate some good fried chicken. I can't wait to go back!