Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Libby Life

Kootenai Falls

Hey there blogger fans, Susan and I have been getting adjusted to our latest move to Libby, Montana a few weeks ago and are both really enjoying life in another rural town. We took a couple of weeks to decompress after our winter assignment in Quincy, CA by traveling to the beach and then on up to Montana. Our friends Kay and Terry were kind enough to host us for a week and I picked up a few shifts at Community Medical Center. It was good to see my old coworkers again, but it wasn't long before we had to get on to Libby.

Libby is nestled at the base of the Cabinet Mountains and I must say that they are some of the most magnificent mountains that I have EVER seen. The entire area is an outdoorsmen's paradise. We have had the chance to get out into the backcountry, but the snow level is still too low to get up to the high lakes. The bears are starting to wake up and have (thankfully) not run into any yet. We have seen tons of deer, a few elk and lots of smaller critters.

I'm working at Libby Care Center, the towns only SNF. It is the best nursing facility that I've worked to date. The staff is great and the facility has a great rehab space. It makes working there a real pleasure.





Kayaking the Bull River

No comments: